Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hello World!

It's been a long time since I've posted. So much has happened. We said goodbye to our dog. We welcomed a new furry love into our home. Felix has continued to grow and change and it hardly seems possible that he's on the verge of 8 months old. He's such a big boy. He loves to eat food in his highchair. He gets super excited with his goofy little grin that is reminiscent of his big brother's grin. He's becoming an expert in the sport of crash landing on his head while learning to crawl and cruise. He loves to say "mamama" and "dadadada" and we do believe he attempts his big brother's name.

Boo is such an amazing little boy. I feel like he's grown up so much in the last year. So much change has happened for him. He's become a big brother and what a fantastic brother he is. He adores his baby - even when his baby gets his hair! He's got such a big and loving heart. Sometimes when I ask him to do this or that he'll reply, "Okay mommy sweetie" or "mommy sweetheart" or some other such term of endearment. Of course I then have to pick my puddly self up off of the floor. He really knows how to get to me!

He gave me a laugh just yesterday. I was out on walk with him and his daycare friends and we were watching the garbage man put the garbage in the truck. Boo walked up to the garbage man and said something that made him smile. When I asked what it was, this is what he told me. "I said I'm going to be a garbage man when I grow up. I'm good at garbage!" I love his confidence that he has. He knows that he can succeed.

I've been working on getting healthy. A combination of stress from saying goodbye to our doggy Wally and a thyroid headed downhill caused some very rapid weight gain. So I've made it my mission to reverse this as quickly as possible. I've been using My Fitness Pal online, prioritizing me and getting some gym time, heading out for walks (aside from the daycare ones where I'm usually walking at a snail's pace so my kiddos can keep up). Also, my alarm goes off now every day to remind me to take my thyroid medication. I admit that I've felt like a new person in all of this. I've even been getting in touch with friends that have fallen by the wayside. It's nice to feel capable all of a sudden!

Hubby is excelling in school. We're all so very proud of him. We are anxiously awaiting news of whether or not he will begin the RN program this fall. Waiting for things like this is never fun, but all part of the process!

Now on to more important things. Pictures!










2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete