Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Aromatherapy

Some of you may know that I've been "flirting" with aromatherapy for some time now. I got a new book that's pretty comprehensive and I've been making more things lately. My current concoction of lemon, clary-sage, and lavendar is supposed to combat stress. I've found that peppermint and lavendar in my clay pot diffuser is nice to freshen up the air in the house. I've taken a bottle of my current concoction to work and keep it on my desk. It's nice even just to open the bottle and sniff when my head hurts from staring at my computer and doing paperwork all day. Also, to combat the stress of working in the first place!

I didn't realize how connected to scent I was until after the birth of my son. I used aromatherapy during birth. I took my lavendar essential oil with me and had T put drops of it on a wet washcloth every once in awhile and put that on my forehead. Now everytime I smell pure lavendar I think of giving birth to Boo. It's actually really great to be brought back to that experience through scent. I'm thinking I'll have to use a different scent for the next birth. Perhaps each child can have their own scent. Although, I must admit, I don't know that I can find a better one than lavendar for labor. Lavendar is known for it's calming effect. Although, did you know in a higher amount it's actually a stimulant? Interesting. There's a few essential oils that are both relaxants and stimulants depending on the amount used. Lavendar is one of them.

Anyways, I highly recommend aromatherapy. It can be used for relaxation, home fragrancing, diaper wipe solution, cleaners, beauty products, and the list goes on and on. Anyways, time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment