Sunday, May 25, 2008

May Update - daycare here I come!

Well, I just realized that I haven't posted since April. It was so much easier to keep up with this blog when I didn't work outside of the home!

Well, I'm working on opening a home daycare. I'm attending a DCFS licensing orientation next week. I'm looking forward to jumping through the hoops and getting the license. I love working with children and am excited about this next journey. Believe it or not, I'll actually have more take home pay doing this than working outside of the home. And money is what we need if T is ever going to get through school! Plus, I'm looking forward to being back in the home with Boo. I've been looking at curriculum, researching policies, figuring rates, etc...It's a lot of work and it will be a lot harder than my current job, but I think it will be extremely rewarding. The home we're renting really has a great set up for a daycare. There's some things that need to be moved/fixed and that's what we're working on right now.

Boo is all over the place. He's a little hurricane, throwing everything in his path. He's very quick. He's got such a great personality. He's soooo incredibly happy all the time. I love it! Being a mom is the most wonderful thing I've ever done. As much as there's other stress in my life right now I think that some day I'll look back on this as "the good days." I was lucky enough to reconnect with a friend yesterday that I hadn't seen in awhile and I think that our conversation reminded me of that point. As much as life can be stressful, what's the point if I don't enjoy the good things that each day brings. And Boo is good and pure joy in a cute little package. He doesn't ask for much to be happy...just fed, napped, and cuddled. Isn't that what we all require? Food, rest, and plenty of attention!

I watched the documentary, The Business of Being Born. I recommend it for everyone about to have a baby, thinking about having a baby, or just interested in maternal care in America. Some of it was stuff that I've already heard, but it was very enlightening. For some people it may not be something that sits well with them as it really goes into a lot of the advantages of a home birth, but I found it fascinating. So enough said about that.

Anyways, I'll update as life continues to change and as the daycare becomes more of a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment