Friday, June 6, 2008

My Favorite Toy

Boo has a large assortment of toys courtesy of mommy and daddy as well as papa and grandma. He's got some toys made from natural materials (my favorite) and some light up, make noise, plasticy toys (not my favorite). I prefer open ended toys that encourage imagination as opposed to toys that "do something". Also, I like things that are made from natural materials as I don't have to worry so much about the toxins that might be in those toys. One of the presents we got Boo for Christmas was a playsilk. You can view this product, entitled Baby Boo silk, by clicking on the following link

Baby Boo Silk

I bought this on a whim actually as I was already purchasing a different gift from this website. Here's what I love about this. It begs to be interactive. Boo and I play peekaboo with this, "where's mommy", "tickle the baby", etc...There's so many things to do with this. It's much easier to veg out and not engage with your child when your child has a toy that "does something". I've definitely caught myself doing just that more times than I'd like to admit.

Why this and not just a piece of scrap fabric? Well, I think scrap fabric has its place in a toy collection and I plan to make Boo a basket of scrap fabrics. However, I definitely think silk needs to be included because its so soft and babies love soft things!

No comments:

Post a Comment