Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reminder to Self

Every once in awhile I try to reread some articles and resources that I've posted and/or looked at previously. I read this article this morning.

5 Steps

I try so hard to be loving and gentle in my approach to parenting. But we're all human, myself included. Sometimes I need reminders of how I want to approach mothering and techniques that will help me on my way.

Sometimes I need to be more consistent. For example, despite my love of the above technique, Boo is not always "helped" when he should be. This is especially true when I'm busy with other children during the day, feeding a baby, trying to get lunch on the table, and all of the other things I do in a given day. Or, and this makes me cringe just to write it, when it's the end of the day and I'm too plain pooped out to get up and deal with his discipline. Yes - I have my moments where I'm guilty of barking orders from the couch!

So I resolve to do better today. That's all anyone can do as a parent - admit inadequacies and work on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment