Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yes Jesus Loves Potty

Boo likes the "Jesus Loves Me" song and loves to insert every word that he can think of for "me". It's funny all of the things that Jesus loves. According to Boo, He loves potty, Wally, mommy, daddy, his daycare friends, poo poo, Mickey Mouse Cluhouse (b omitted on purpose), tv, movie. The list could go on and on. I know I'm forgetting a ton here!

Speaking of potty, Boo continues to do excellent. I would say that his poo goes in the potty 95% of the time. His pee is probably about 80%. Many of the clothing changes he has are due to his aim on the potty versus wetting himself. So he really does pretty great. Weekends are hard. I don't know if it's because he started potty training on a daycare day and perhaps associates it with daycare, but he does much better on daycare days. The other reason could be that I'm very structured during the daycare week and very unstructured on the weekends. When we're out and about he doesn't really do great. Although, I did borrow a fold-up potty ring for big potties from a friend and he used that at the new house the other day. That's the first time he's cooperated with going on the big potty. I was so excited. I clapped my hands, jumped around, and pretty much looked like an idiot, all to the amusement of my two year old! Ah - the things we do to potty train our children.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with anything. But it wouldn't be my blog if I didn't ramble. Boo loves to name his body parts, especially the parts of his face. I always giggle when he gets to his "forkhead". And I NEVER correct him. I'm usually that parent that's vigilant to model appropriate pronunciation as opposed to encouraging the baby talk, but I just can't help myself with this one. It's just way too cute. He'll learn that it's called a forehead someday, hopefully before he goes to college!

Anyways, I need to run. Boo is supposed to be sleeping on his cot as his friends are doing. Instead, he's sitting in my glider telling himself a story that I made up when we started potty training in order to get him to sit on the potty long enough for something to happen. My child. He always gives me a rough time over napping! Once he's out though, he's out and he's a good sleeper. So it is worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment