Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back at Work

Just thought I'd write a little blurb about being back at work. So far we're adjusting okay. Boo is still not sure that he wants to nap well during the day when I'm not there. But he'll get there. He's pretty happy though even without good naps. He's just happier with them. The adjustment is hard. I miss him during the day. Most days I'm in town and I can just run over to my parents and spend time with him over lunch and nurse him and that sort of thing. However, some days I'm an hour away for training and those days stink. But it is what it is. He's definitely clingier in the evening now. He doesn't want to let mommy out of his sight. So that's rough. It makes me feel sad for him. Plus it makes it hard to get anything done in the evening. As of yet my house hasn't offered to clean itself and dinner doesn't cook all by itself. I'll let you know if that changes.

We're still doing cloth diapering. I've actually been able to keep up with it okay since working. But I've had to make it a priority. Sometimes the regular laundry gets behind, but we have diapers. I just bought some more to help me not have to wash so much. As soon as I prep them we can start using them. I got a bunch of prefolds. They're the most economical choice for cloth diapering, but not quite as convenient as the pocket diapers that I use a lot. I plan to use the prefolds myself and save the pockets for my husband and my parents. I don't see them wanting to mess with the prefolds. But I will if it's saving us money and helping me to have one or two more days inbetween diaper loads.

Pumping has been difficult. It's hard making sure that Boo has enough milk every day. But it's so worth it. It's something that's incredibly important to me so I make it a priority. I've done a couple of middle of the night pumpings just to make sure I keep up that week. I'm finally starting to get a little ahead of the demand. Yay. But I went out and got a rental (hospital grade) pump at the end of last week and I think that I'm getting more with it. I'm still not saying for sure yet. I feel like it's too soon to make a definite call on that one.

I got to see a super-close friend last week who is currently preggers and that was fun. It was the first time that Boo got to meet her so I was excited.

Boo and I are taking a parent/baby swim class with a friend and her baby. The first week Boo pouted a lot during the class. Not today. He was all smiles. He had a grand old time. I've decided that I need to find a new swimsuit though as my current one isn't fitting my postpartum nursing body. I won't be going to the thrift shop for that one. No way - I draw the line there. Anyways, I did update my Thrifting the Year Away blog. Nothing thrilling, just an update on my progress as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment