Monday, July 7, 2008

Goodbye Grandpa

Well, this week has brought some change. My grandpa's health has been gradually deteriorating over the years. It's been hard to watch as I love my grandpa very much. This past weekend he passed on. I'm not sure that the full impact has hit me yet. I've not had a good cry over it though I loved him very much. My grandpa was a good man who loved his family very much. I'm so happy to have been a part of his life and so glad that he was a part of mine. His music and funny songs will live on in the memory of those that loved him. He will be greatly missed, but he is home with God now. I feel very lucky in that I got to give him last hugs and kisses and "I love you"s before he left. I know that not everyone gets that chance. It helps me to feel at peace knowing that I got to get in those last hugs and kisses. I love him very much and he will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment