Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Whole Lot of Nothing

Well, later today we attend my grandpa's wake (visitation as it's called around here). Then tomorrow is the funeral. We've been busy trying to find a suit for my hubby today. He's going to be a pallbearer tomorrow. He's never really needed a suit for anything, so he doesn't really own one. So it's been a bit of a fiasco but we think we've found a solution. Ayden's down for a nap now, so I have tons of stuff to do. His birthday party is this Saturday here at the house, so I'm trying to clean up around here (no easy feat). I've been cleaning/organizing trying to get ready for daycare and some areas are definitely looking very childcare-oriented. But it's hard to work on that and keep up with just the basic cleaning. So I'm off to do the dishes and give my kitchen the once over. Hopefully Ayden will cooperate and take a good nap. He hasn't napped all day, so we'll see. He's going to the visitation with us tonight, so the nap is pretty important if I don't want him to be fussy the entire time.

I feel like I've said a whole lot of nothing here. This has definitely been very different from our average week around here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about losing your grandpa. It's neat that you got to say your goodbyes and make that last memory.

    It was nice hearing from you! I wanted to give you the link to the blog I read. She blogged recently about making her own deodorant and within that post is a link to her post about making her own shampoo. I tried it for awhile, but being pregnant made it hard to tolerate the apple cider vinegar smell. My sister uses it though. It does make your hair seem very soft and healthy.

    http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/

    I love her writing style. I don't know how she gets so much done with 3 kids. She probably doesn't watch the amount of tv we do at our house! It certainly has increased since I've been pregnant/lazy/tired/nauseous!

    I've been checking out your cloth diapering info. I'd love to do that with this baby. We'll see! I'm rounding up some good patterns so I can make my own.

    I hope your summer is going well. We're enjoying it a lot now that Ainseligh is, well, she turns 4 on Saturday. That makes me feel so old! We're going to Seattle to visit friends next month and we CAN'T wait. Can't afford it but we're going anyway! Take care!

    ReplyDelete