Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weight Loss Challenge - Day 0

I'm copying something out of my weight loss challenge journal to kind of jump start my blogging.

It's the day before the beginning, the beginning of a journey, a competition, an evolution, and a revolution. The journey is a quest really, one in which the end result is greater insight into one's psyche. The competition is among friends/acquaintances, all striving for better health. A little cooperation to create a financial pot is a great motivator for all and will be sweet reward for a few at the end of four months. The evolution is my mind and habits, evolving towards inner peace and health. The revolution is inevitable as I fight against the lies that I've told myself over the years, the depression that knocks at my door persistently waiting for that moment of weakness when it might be allowed to enter, and the need for perfection in my life that prompts me to consume every edible thing in sight when others have let me down or I've let them down, or even worse let myself down.

Journey. Competition. Evolution. Revolution. The next four months are bound to be exciting, frustrating, tiring, exhilarating, maddening, and frightening.

I guess in sharing this journal entry I'm inviting everyone along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment