Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Crafting

Well, I have crafted my heart out and am now ready for bed. I wish I had some film...I would've taken pics of the things I created for my dc families. Earlier in the month I had the parents bring their childrens' Christmasy outfits. I changed them all into their outfits and took pics of them in front of my tree in a red radio flyer wagon. They turned out really great. The individual ones I scrapbooked on Christmasy paper with Christmasy accents and put in picture frames. The one that had all three of the kiddos together is on a handmade ornament that we made out of appetizer sized paper plates. It felt so good to create.

I absolutely love to scrapbook and never really get to do it. I want to make more time to scrapbook in the coming year. I'd really love to get going on Boo's book. Also, I found a cool idea in Creating Keepsakes magazine that I want to try. There's a project kit coming out in January that is entitled "Project 365". Basically, you take a picture for every day of the year and scrapbook it. The kit comes with pockets so that each two pages in your scrapbook is a week spread. It's not something where I'll be getting overly creative with layout as the pockets are there waiting to be filled, but I thought it would be great to work on my photography skills through the year and hopefully see some sort of progression by year's end. Also, it's a neat way to capture a year of life in detail. The creator of the kit has a little blurb about it on her blog.

Becky Higgins blog

Anyhoo, I'm excited to be done with the daycare kiddos gifts. I wanted to give the families cookies, but I don't see that happening. That means I would have to get them done tomorrow during the daycare day and I just don't see that happening. Oh well. I'll save the cookies for our family get together. I have to figure out what else I'm going to make though. Hmmm....oh well. I've got another day to think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment