Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So NOT earth-friendly

So about a year and a half ago I bought a bunch of cloth bags for grocery shopping and such. I am the WORST about actually using them. Here's what goes through my head EVERY time I'm in the checkout line at the grocery store:
"Damn...forgot my bags again." EVERY time!!! Granted, they've gotten a lot of use around the home. Mostly to hold junk that needs to be sorted through - papers and such. Ugh - I need to find a way to round them all up and remember to use them. On a positive note I've found a great use for paper sacks that come from the grocery store. Paper for art projects! I used them for daycare the other day for the kids to paint on. I actually had a little paper bag with a handle that I cut in two. They each got half a bag and got to paint on it. The great thing? Built in handle for hanging and drying and for them to carry their artwork! So I probably will get paper bags from time to time even after I find a way to remember my cloth bags. This way the bags are getting more than one use and I'm not going out and buying brand new paper for painting and such for daycare.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I am the worst as well. I have about 5 bags that I always forget at home! I end up using them to tote the emense amount of books we check out from the library, so I guess at least they are getting used. We too also use our paper bags for art projects-it's cheaper that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plastic bags make great bibs too!! I usually cut them in half and use the handles to tie them on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...I like the plastic bib idea!

    ReplyDelete