Friday, August 6, 2010

Weight Loss Challenge - Update

Well, I have absolutely no idea what day I'm on of the weight loss challenge. My goal was to keep a journal and write in it every day of the challenge. Hahahaha - it was a nice thought!

I will say that this challenge is exactly the kind of kick in the rear that I needed to help myself focus and get on track. I'm down 10 pounds since the start of the challenge. Woo woo! I hope that I can continue to stay on track. I've also got my healthcare provider involved. I met with her this past Monday. She's been working with me on possibilities to get my body functioning properly. So it all kind of goes together. I've started on protein shakes as I rarely get in my protein intake for the day. Also, she's going to start me on some Vitamin D as my levels of vitamin D are low. She's going to be speaking with the doctor today about putting me on some meds to help my thyroid function properly. So, one step at a time. I really like that even though I'm seeing her for another issue, her goal is to get me healthy - not just quick fix me. I am starting to believe that my body will fix itself if given what it needs. I guess I feel hope and feel that I'm on my way to a healthier me!

No comments:

Post a Comment