Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Weight Loss Plateau

Anybody who's ever tried to lose weight knows that there is one thing we all dread. The big bad scary plateau. I was expecting to hit one at some point in my weight loss journey, but it honestly seems a bit soon to be hitting one. I feel that's where I'm currently at. I've been stuck on the same weight down to the ounce since last Thursday. I've followed weight watcher's like a good girl. I admit that I haven't worked out as much this week. I've been super tired for some reason. I did walk last night. But even without working out I should be losing a little just by sticking with my weight watchers plan. Blah. Perhaps my body weight is shifting around. Although I'm not sure. I don't feel like I'm exercising enough to chalk it up to muscle gain or anything.

I know the best things for breaking through a plateau are shaking up the routine. Perhaps I can throw some more effort into getting up early and doing my yoga. I'm not doing so hot at that one for the moment.

Hopefully this plateau breaks soon because I'm ready to continue on my weight loss journey. It's a bit frustrating because I'm an immediate results sort of gal. So I guess I'll just have to be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment