Thursday, September 25, 2008

Let's stop this government bailout!!!!

I'm not usually political in my posts, but I've been flaming mad about the current financial state of this country as well as the proposed "solution." I know that there are a lot of people that feel like me about this government bailout. It's absolutely ridiculous and irresponsible. The current administration is attempting to put an itty bitty bandaid on a gaping wound! I don't believe that this is going to trickle down to the little people (that's where I would be located). I think this will make things worse for everyone. Spending money that we don't have to bail out financial giants is irresponsible. As our government goes deeper in debt there will be less money available to help those who are truly in need. Funds for social programs will be end up being cut. Forget about the promises of either presidential hopeful - because the new administration will be financially crippled if this bailout goes through. Funding for education and medical care will suffer and so on. This proposed "solution" is a very bad idea. I've e-mailed my senators and plan to contact my representatives. Please do likewise!!! It took me a few minutes to google my senators' contact information and send them my opinion. Surely you can spare a few minutes. I know it's hard to feel that our words matter. I definitely feel that way a lot. But I know there's a lot of people out there like me who are the little ones on the bottom of the financial ladder in this country. We need to have our voices heard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment