Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Out and About Today

Well, we're out and about today. As soon as I get my arse away from this computer and get ready to go, we have errands to run. I'm determined to renew my books (which are now a day late), but a vast improvement on my usual performance with library books. I need to run to the post office and mail books for paperback swap. And I need to buy printer paper, which means a trip into Target. Yikes. I never know what's going to end up in my cart when I walk into Target.

I got some more of books that I requested in the mail yesterday and today. A now has his first bible, "Meine Kleine Kinderbibel" (My Little Children's Bible). I'm determined to teach A at least one other language. I feel that German is a good one to start with considering I've taken German. Granted, there's a lot I don't remember, but it will be easier for me to pick it back up. I'd like to get to a point where we have times where we only speak to him in German, but I really need to brush up in order to do that. So for now I've decided that immersing him in as many books, songs, etc...that I can get my hands on would be great. When he's older we'll do a German course, but I want the comprehension portion to come more from immersion. I'd like to order some German baby board books. I've found several sites where I can do this. But we're too broke for that right now. Oh well.

I'm still waiting to hear back on that job interview I had. It's so hard to be patient.

Well A is having a bit of a rough time, so I'll sign off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment