Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cloth Diapering and Flies

I just thought that I would post a tip for anyone who is cloth diapering. I've found that fresh lavendar at the bottom of a diaper pail helps with the pail and keeps bugs out (flies are repelled by lavendar). Also, I'll take a fresh cloth wipe and put some drops of tea trea essential oil (antifungal and antibacterial properties) and some peppermint oil (repells flies). We've had a horrible time with flies in the house this summer. So after an incident of flies trying to reproduce in the diaper pail (gross I know) I researched natural ways to keep the flies at bay. And...you know I love aromatherapy...so that's where I went first. Just thought I'd post.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I've got lavender oil, just haven't used it in a long time. I wonder if it would work in the chicken coop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I sprinkled some fresh lavendar in the bunny cages, so I'm sure it couldn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete