Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pondering Early Morning

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."

- Benjamin Franklin

Well, I'm not sure if there's any truth to this phrase or not, but it's been in my head all day. As I seek to make positive changes in my life I notice that I've fallen into a bit of a rut. Staying up late, to be specific. I stay up and then I sleep in late and next thing I know we're eating breakfast at 10:00am. Hmmm...a little late. Then lunch at 2:00, and well, it throws off the whole day. And I don't feel nearly as productive as when I get up early. It seems that I'm twice as productive before noon as after. I wonder if this is true for a lot of people or just me? One could argue that staying up late could be just as productive if one wants to be. This is true. But how often when I'm up late is it because I'm doing something productive? Usually by that point I'm vegging in front of the t.v. or dorking around online. Whereas when I get up early I'm usually engaged in cleaning/organizing/laundry and the like. So, I'm wondering if I need to work on shifting my schedule. A scary thought for me because I detest morning. I do...always have. Ever since I can remember I've NOT been a morning person. I remember being in grade school and having a really difficult time getting out of bed for school. So, is it possible for me to make this change? I don't really know honestly. I like to believe that all things are possible if you want it bad enough. But this is like changing my very nature that I was born with. I don't know. I want to try though. T and I have talked about how nice it would be to have breakfast together before he takes off for work. So we'd really like to try this. So, we'll see. Anyways, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment