Monday, August 18, 2008

Scrambled Tofu

That was the new food for today. It was so yummy...I loved it! When T gets home I'm going to tell him it's scrambled eggs though or he'll never try it. He told me the other day that he's "not going to eat tofu and other weird crap." This from the guy whose idea it was to become vegetarian. I think he's cheated pretty much every day by the way. I did have salmon a few days last week, however, I don't think I intend to give up seafood. It's just so freaking healthy. And honestly, for us vegetarianism is a tool to help us get healthy. I'm okay with people eating animals. No...I'm not okay with some of the conditions that these animals are kept in and I do think that animals should not be tortured or abused on their way to the slaughterhouse. I've done pretty well with this. I cheated one day. T and I went to Heritage Days on Saturday and ran into some family. So we ended up going to Taco Hideout and there wasn't much on the menu that didn't have ground beef. So I did cheat that meal. But after that it was back to vegetarianism. I'm also trying more Asian cooking...and really enjoying it by the way. I got myself an Asian Vegan cookbook. I made this chickpea stir fry that had broccoli and carrots in it and served it over brown rice. It was some pretty good eating. And T decided that he likes chickpeas. Boo really liked the chickpeas too! Okay, Boo is not happy right now. I guess I'll be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment