Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gentle Parenting and NO SPANKING!

I added a link for those interested in christian parenting that uses a gentle, grace-based approach.

Gentle Christian Mother Website

I haven't read through the entire website, but there's some great information about grace-based parenting and methods of discipline.

Here's an article about interpreting the whole "spare the rod, spoil the child" verse that many use as a justification for spanking.

Rod v. Shebet Article

I think most people who know me know that I don't believe in spanking. I've at least hinted to it. I'm probably not as forthright with it as I should be because I'm so afraid of "stepping on toes" and the like. But, the reality is that I don't believe in it. I think there are far better ways of guiding children. My point in stating this is not to isolate any friend who chooses to use this as a discipline method. But I quietly listen to everyone who says they spank and why and I feel that I have a right to speak my mind also. So there, I said it. I DON'T BELIEVE IN SPANKING. Ah - I feel much better.

Editing to add another

The Spanking Files


No comments:

Post a Comment