Monday, August 25, 2008

Extended Nursing Zone

So it's just now occurred to me that I've entered the "extended nursing zone". This is somewhere that I never thought I'd end up. In fact, while pregnant, my goal was nine months to a year. And here I am at 13 months and we're going strong. I've looked at a lot of information regarding breastfeeding and feel that a review of available information supports breastfeeding beyond one. In fact we're one of the few countries that ends so quickly. Other parts of the world breastfeed much longer and view that as NORMAL. We Americans are the exception. The World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding until the age of two, so that is my new goal. Breastmilk continues to provide nourishment to my child's growing body and it is also an important part of my relationship with my son at this present time. I plan to revisit this subject when I have more time and when I don't need to get to bed. But this is a little preview of more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment