Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Because I Need to Be Busier

Well, those that know me well surely know that I need more things to keep me busy like I need a hole in my head...but yes...life is about to get busier for me. I just enrolled two little ones into the daycare - a six week old and a 13 month old. I'm really happy about it though. It seems like a good fit and I'm hoping that this will be a long-term thing as I really don't like having a revolving door on my business. But times will be hopping. Goodbye to my peaceful nap time break and hello to more juggling - just what I need in my life! I love my chosen career though and wouldn't trade it for anything. Yes, taking in new kiddos, especially infants, is always a bit rough at first, but once I adjust I find that I get into a rhythm that works. I have a wonderful group of toddlers and preschoolers who will adjust beautifully to younger ones in the home.

What caught me by surprise is that I started thinking about my daycare family. There's a 6 year old, 4 year old, 3 year old (in two weeks), 2 year old, and now a 13 month old and a 6 week old. It hit me that my son is in the "older" group. WHAT??!! When did that happen? He was 15 months old when I, and subsequently he, started daycare. He's growing up so fast. It's all just a bit nutty. And someday he'll move from the older daycare group to the school-age group and that will just be very strange.

Life - it all goes so very fast. But at least I'm not sitting around bored!

1 comment:

  1. Indeed! Idle hand sdo the devils work as they say. It sounds busy but awesome. I hate dull moments. Sometimes they are needed I guess for sanity's sake. You are so crazy but in a good way! Pot calling the kettle black ? Yes I think so.

    ReplyDelete