Saturday, June 19, 2010

Buzz Therapy

Well, ever since we've moved we've been working on getting Boo to sleep in his own bed. It's not been going great. It took us forever to get his bed set up for one thing. When we did finally get it set up, of course he didn't want it. I'm not a fan of cry it out. I won't stick him in a room and just let him cry and be miserable until he wears himself out and falls asleep. I'm okay with a little protesting given his age, but not all out sadness/terror.

Anyways, I was at the store the other night and we found a Buzz Lightyear flashlight that he liked. So before he put it in the cart I explained to him that it was for night night, but he had to sleep in his own bed in order to play with it and that he'd get to play with it until he fell asleep. So he said okay because he wanted the flashlight. Two aisles over he looked at me and said, "Mommy. I don't want flashlight." Well, I bought it anyways and we're three nights out and it's worked like a charm. He lays in bed and plays with it and I go in and shut it off after he's asleep. The last two nights he's crawled into bed with his flashlight as opposed to my having to place him there. Hurray for progress! I've been so lax about his sleep routine and I'm really at a point where I want him in bed by 8:30 every night. I feel like I need some down time and hubby and I need this time as a couple. So we'll see if this continues to help him be okay with going to sleep by himself. Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment