Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Insomniac Awareness

Hubby and I were watching a movie earlier this evening - some Star Trek film - something about some guy named Kahn. I don't know. Anyways, it was perfect. It put me right to sleep. So up up up the stairs I go. I'm laying in bed about to drift to sleep and then BANG BANG BANG on the door. It's 10:00 at night. I insist that hubby go downstairs to see who is banging on our door this time of night, especially when I look out the window and see that some man is walking around the side of our house.

So hubby heads downstairs to find out that the hose for the sump pump that he had been working on earlier this week shifted in the yard and was sending water to the neighbor's yard. Since this neighbor didn't get a response when he knocked at the front door, he walked around the side of the house, let himself in our backyard gate, and moved our sump pump hose. Okay - I get why he was upset. Yes, the hose needed to be moved. Apparently he was "trying to get a hold of us all day"?? Ummm...we were HOME all day long!! I struggle with insomnia. I was drifting peacefully to sleep when this man banged on our door. I'm sure that anyone who struggles with insomnia can appreciate my angst here. I am going to have to bite my tongue hard not to be mean and nasty the next time I see this man - hubby says I should be nice. Ugh - now I'm WIDE AWAKE and it will take forever for my body to settle back down again. I'd drink a beer but I've used all of my weight watcher's points for the day. Ugh. Anyways, I guess we've now found something we don't like about our house - THE NEIGHBOR. Who pounds on somebody's door at 10:00 at night to tell them about a damn hose? I mean, really, was it flooding his yard? I don't think so. It definitely could've waited until morning. Then he proceeded to come through our fence and into our yard and move our hose. I'm feeling so extremely violated here. I'm going to buy a padlock for the fence asap. Sorry old grumpy man - your access will be denied next time. And if you try to jump the fence you'll probably break a hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment