Monday, February 9, 2009

Today's Activity

Well, first of all, hurray for a sunny day. I took the boys on a walk this morning and we got to play out back in the sandbox and with the toys for awhile. YAY YAY YAY!!!! I SOOO needed the sunshine - it does wonders for my mood. Plus, it's so nice to see them get to run around outside. Little boys need to be able to run off their energy like that!

After morning snack we did an activity with lentil beans. I put dry lentil beans in a rectangular baking dish with a spoon and some measuring cups. I also buried some cut out red and pink hearts for them to discover. I set out a couple of mixing bowls and a pitcher. They played with this for probably a good 40 minutes, scooping, digging, pouring, etc....

I got the idea from a blog that I've recently discovered:

Chasing Cheerios Blog


I want to do a lot more of this type of stuff in our daycare day. I really like the paintcolor card idea with the clothespins that's in the blog. I'm definitely going to work on creating a set!

No comments:

Post a Comment